August is Boomers Making a Difference Month. I am here to celebrate that as Wise Boomer Chics, we have made a difference in so many ways! Who are the Boomers? Baby boomers are typically identified as anyone born between 1945 and the early 1960’s. Baby Boomers are aging, but still young at heart!
So many characteristics have been attributed to Boomers. When people think of Boomers they tend to think of wealthy, active, involved adults who comprise the largest generation and continue to have an impact on society. The latter thoughts are true however we want to recognize that many still struggle financially.
What is different about Baby Boomers?
- This older group plays a large role in consumer spending. If they want it and it becomes popular, then it will become a trend across multiple age groups.
- They tend to pay attention to their health. Though they may not be perfect, they try to stay in shape. This aging group is still striving to stay young and have helped along the cosmetic and cosmetic surgery industry.
- Boomers made a huge contribution to the changes to systems behind the Internet.
- Though they may have grown up in the depression era, boomers still want to have fun. Most of them won’t let age get in their way. Experiences are important and they will pursue interests, whatever they may be.
- Positive thinking has helped many a boomer keep going when the times got tough. Boomers tend to believe in yoga, meditation and spiritual transformation.
- Boomers like to volunteer and help others. Many of those hard working individuals that you meet in food banks and soup kitchens are Baby Boomers. Quite a few of them will work far past the age of retirement while also giving freely of their time after hours.
- Baby Boomers have seen huge political, cultural and social changes in their time. Born before the popularity of television, they have lived through decades of world upheaval. Brought up before Walmart and the Internet, they have had to make their way without access to the extras that today’s generations take for granted.
Baby boomers continue to make a difference in today’s world. To the children of these boomers, giving young people something to aspire to.
How Boomers Are Making a Difference Volunteering (and How You Can, Too)
- Arts and Entertainment
You can read my feelings about being a Baby Boomer. You can read about it here: Welcome to Wise Boomer Chics
To my fellow Baby Boomers out there, celebrate August and the difference you have made in today’s society. Keep Smiling!